Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Illusion of Flight



I was digging through the photos of the movie I got back from a couple weeks ago and found these from a set in Burbank called Air Hollywood. They weren't just cool because I got a free T-Shirt... they really had an amazing amount of whole planes cut into segments to add and remove parts of the tube you wanted to shoot it. Learjets, Air Busses, Jumobo's, filled with cockpits, tail sections and coach class sections all split into huge platforms on wheels so you basically roll the parts of the decommisioned plane you want to shoot on together. Kind of like a gigantic model plane for grown up boys. Very, VERY cool.

Check out their website!



Here's an example of low tech effects in a pinch. Our location manager became an extra for first class in one of the scenes. He brought a suit but forgot to bring dark socks so a gaffer rolled black ( surprise ) gaff tape around his shins and we were back in shooting mode.




Here's a couple other shots that show some of the scale of the tube we shot in. I grabbed these while the talent was practicing. We had an open set that day so once we started rolling the chairs, floor and pretty much everything behind my table was packed with people.

6 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool beans man.
-Paul Wichterman

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool and that is a new use for tape : )

BTW: Where should I send friends that want to buy Scrapped now?

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger wes said...

Hey groovers. Thanks for the props.

I hooked in the regular scrapped site to the distributors database so everything looks the same on the outside until you hit purchase, then it goes to a different look / feel.

Back to school for scrapbunny huh?

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Ed (a.k.a. Bubbah) said...

That looks pretty cool! Makes you wonder why you never thought of something like this simple yourself...

BubbaH!

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger wes said...

Normally I delete these but I want to comment so I'll keep it.

Does this mean I have a successful blog when I start getting hand posted spam on it?! What's up with that?

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

yup I'm back at school and have a lot to catch up on. Not sure on the spam post, hope you don't need spam to tell you that you really are successful : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home