Thursday, July 12, 2007

Scrap It Weekend!



The Twin Cities are ground zero for the scrappin' world this weekend.



We've got the http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif Midwest Scrapbook Convention happening at River Center in St Paul Friday and Saturday and the "Those were the Days" . Pre-CHA party happening Saturday. Geez, I've got my Delta Phi sisters representing at the Convention and my bud Kristi Contes doing classes at the TWTD party. I'm going to try and swing both but haven't heard back from the most "Friggin Awesome" teacher in the western hemisphere which class she wants me to attend.



My pal Minda is going to the first class so I'll see if I can crash that one. ( 9 AM and cropping? bring on the pain! ) I'm also going to try and hit the convention Friday afternoon for a couple hours.

I love excuses to talk to people at these things so if you see me at the convention or come up and say "Merry Christmas" and I'll give you a not sold anywhere - you have to be cool to get one Premiere Edition of Scrapped that has extra footage and the full size TV versions of the shooter and grinder promos. Maybe I'll have a few posters... heck, I'll even sign them for you.



So the big question is should I bring my spiky crop bag to the convention? Is it pretentious? I'm not acutally going to be cropping there but need something to carry DVD's in. Are people going to think I'm a cropping poser?! :0)

7 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger Juel said...

Wes, you have got to take your bag!!! Who knows you might inspire another man to do the same thing!! Have fun!!

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger wes said...

Do you think another man will actually be at one of these things? :0)

Sounds good Juel! I'm on it.

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger wes said...

It's funny because Connie ( my wife ) didn't have much interest in coming to the events and scrapbooking. What are the odds of that role reversal?

To document the parallel universe I fell into I'll bring a camera and take pictures of the guys I meet at these two things and post them. Inquiring minds want to know...

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger mindakms said...

Wait, you are trying to AVOID looking like a cropping poser? Hmm...interesting concept. I say pose away, you are a man and you can get away with ANYTHING at a scrapbook event!

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Mrs Pretzel said...

I have to agree with my friend Minda. A wise scrap lady, that one. and I have to say, bag or no bag, it might be too late to avoid the poser look. JUST KIDDING! lol

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger ScrapsofMe said...

Take the BAG!!! It's awesome

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Cam said...

Take the bag. My wife wants to do hers up like you did. We just haven't figured out a way to convert it to functional saddlebags while we're at it. If you have blueprints...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home