Friday, June 22, 2007

change is good

The metamorphosis is almost complete.



Old Me: last week, roasting in the heat in a hip little coffee shop in Glen Lake down the street from my house, meeting and talking about web 2.0 contradictions.


The new me sitting in an air conditioned Caribou in Maple Grove at 7:00AM in the morning to beat rush hour traffic turning a 20 minute drive to my new job into a 70 minute monster. My new office doesn't really open until 8:00 AM and most of the people I interact with don't roll in until around 9:00 - 10:00 AM because they're artsy creative types who end up staying in their offices until 7:00pm then out for some late night engagement.

I got a job, and sold Scrapped at the same time. More later.

So I know most everybody that posts responses. I'm dying of curiousity, if you put a date in the calendar as the dividing line between "old me" and "new me" what would you change? What would you give up and hope to replace it with? It's been liberating, even in the little things.

Minda's getting a new job, Paul's always got new hair ( and now a baby that forces you into a old me / new me ) Scrap Bunny has summer and rest of the year occupations, Drew... well Drew's pretty consistent. ( Consistently unpredictable. )Scrapbookers are constantly measuring changes in their kids / spouses in real tangible ways.

If you're logging in from Manila, Canada, the UK... feel free to be anonymous and spill your guts, let it all hang out. old me / new me. Daydream.I'd love to hear about it.

wes

9 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger nancy_scraps said...

Golly Wes, I wander away from your blog for a few weeks and BAM! You've sold your movie and got a "day job" and all that?

What would I change? I'd really like to try the stay at home mom thing. $$$ don't allow me to try.

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took a new job too and moved back to Minnesota. Wow, it must be a year of transitions...changes...losing my mind, whatever.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Info Goddess said...

I'm with Nancy - geez you miss a few days and look what happens. I don't find changes like that in my life, that's for sure. Although I was happy to read my pension statement today and discover I can retire with unreduced pension in only 9 years!!!! Man you know you're middle-aged when you start thinking like that...

BTW love the new 'do!

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Same as the others - don't visit for a while and look what happens. I would like to not go to work and just be a SAHM too. See my DH did the same hairstyle thing for a cancer fundraising venture - he had his head painted too!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger wes said...

Fern! I think you're the very first DVD order we had online!

You should get a new car or something...

I agree with everyone. I think the world needs more stay at home moms. Two of my closest friends are stay at home dad's.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Dee G said...

Well, we do have a bit of a "new us" thing going on at the moment--we just bought a house, baby! In Mansfield, so it's close to everything. Very nice.

But as for your question...hmmm... I think the new me would be more fit and eat better. And practice guitar/singing more. Wrote a new song, by the way. It's not bad--I hope they like it at church. :)

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger mindakms said...

Seriously I've been thinking about it for two days, and I cannot come up with a thing. I think that means I'm sliding toward middle age complacency! Ohhhhh Nooooo Mr. Billllll!!!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger wes said...

Oh No Mr. Bill?

It's official, you ARE middle aged and sluggo just cut your head off to squish you into a scrapbook.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Susan said...

good question!! did the change happen when you started the process? or did it happen when you accepted the job?
so for me.....new me would get up and take that morning walk. would be able to stop at 2 cookies....well maybe 3! wouldn't buy 4x the amount of scrapping supplies she needed. I would also make my husband very very happy by being more timely about sewing his Scout patches on his shirt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home