Monday, July 16, 2007

scrapping weekend



I made it to the Midwest Scrapbook Convention and saw a couple things I thought were keen but won't be news to you. One was a board game called http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif Photopoly. What grabbed me about it is thinking about the tension going on with family or friends' drama in the value ranked to their photo..."You made me Marvin Gardens and Billy gets to be Park Place. Don't you love me anymore?!" " Why do I have to be the B&O railroad? Are you saying I have a hygiene problem?"




I also met some new people and old friends. This fine woman at the Archivers booth set aside the CM / Archivers fued and wanted a picture with the bag. Yes, I brought the bag. Good call blog readers! and truth be told, nobody at the Archivers booth had any issues with Creative Memories or a CM bag at all. :0)



I cruised over the the Delta Phi Scrapped booth ( remember them in Scrapped? ) where I made a lovely little poka dot bracelet, checked out their new clothing sweetness and snuck behind Julie, the instructor who I hugged in Scrapped after we bonded over distressed techniques and sotries of her husband and kids scrapbooking.





I hope those Delta Phi Scrappa people take their weekends on the road nationally because they really put on something bigger and better than I've seen anywhere for retreats. Food, music, classes, plenty of workspace, freebies, on and on. Well you saw them in Scrapped. That's where I worked with Rebecca on my first album and took Julie's distressed class.



Other things that caught my eye were a Scrapbooking Visa Card? Hey, why not right? You get a percentage off every scrapbook related purchase and get a crafty, cutsie, nifty looking Visa to set you apart from the crowd.



Names exposed in 35mm film... but no Wes. They did have Connie though!



And yes, these stencils have been out for a while but I think they're great and was mesmerized by them again. I don't know why making little tags and envelopes out of the paper of my choosing is such a novelty but hey, why do some people get so excited about kippers or squirrels? ( A friend of mine years ago was shocked that big, bushy tailed grey squirrels really walked around your yard and chirped at each other.This coming from a country where you can have 3 kinds of deadly snakes, tropical birds and tarantulas under your clothes line... )

3 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger Juel said...

Looks like so much fun!! Someday I will go to scrapbook convention!! Glad you took the bag!!!

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger wes said...

Well the bag was on good advice Juel. ;0)

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger CyndiAKADisneyqueen said...

Great report Wes. I'm still trying to get use to the new look.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home