Tuesday, January 30, 2007

breakthrough



Wow. Going to CHA was very different than going to previous events. Yes, it was ungodly big, I saw about 1/8th of it yesterday. part of the reason is that now instead of introducing myself and explaining what I'm doing people approach me and strike up a conversation. Whew. What a welcome change.

The scrapbook world is so big I still met many, many people for the first time who had never heard about the project but I felt ( brace yourself for ultimate corny... ) welcomed into the community. It started when I was walking up to the CK booth and Cathy Z. saw me down the aisle and pointed to show her friend. I just saw her before I left ( that's who I got the Simple Scrapbooks mag from ) but that was in a personal setting. It was crazy to think she was pointing me out in a crowd to someone else. I snapped a photo on telephoto in a crowd so the focus didn't lock in time but you get the idea. :0)



Another treat was to see Emily ( Circus Rose designer for Imagination Project ) and Ginger who I didn't get a picture with ( dammit! Sorry Ginger! You still rock. I'd be flattered if you would stalk me as well. No Nick undies though... sorry. ). Those guys are the best and are coming out with a great line of functional embellishments that I shot lots of pictures of. I'll post some when I get a chance.



In fact I'll just post some pics of people I got to meet or catch up with. Got a meeting in a couple minutes so I'll post some pics and fill in the cracks later. Basically I was overwhelmed with the speed of how fast companies come out with new products. Shocking. There's almost no way to keep up with everything. I'm very happy to see more products for layout-impaired people like

wes







9 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

hehehe - so, what makes you think Cathy wasn't pointing at you like "Hey, get the guy" LOL! Thanks for sharing the pix - I'm jalous - I wanna be there too ;-)

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you get to go to CHA! I would love to see all that product. You should check out Elsie Flannigan's line. It looks pretty cool. I saw some pics on her website.

Please post more. I'm drooling.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like you are having a blast. Are you working or just getting to look around?

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger BuckeySandy said...

Wes, you make a movie and here you are --in the big leagues with the folks at CK!!!!

How are your feet holding out? What does your bride say about all this?

Did you EVER imagine a year ago you'd be here doing this now???

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Christine Smith said...

holy crap wes, i can't believe how many celebs you got to meet -- what a riot!

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Can I just say you are such a funny, funny man! And I am jealous that you got your Simple Scrapbooks Mag from CZ. Mine just comes in my mailbox. I live in the Twin Cities too. Can't she deliver mine??

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Emily Adams said...

Wes - it was really great to see you. Hope your metings went well. :) The picture turned out awesome! Stay in touch & take care.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Ginger said...

Trust me Wes - I stalk. LOL!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Kim Bolyard said...

Missed seeing you at the show....hope your trip was great.

peace
Kim Bolyard

 

Post a Comment

<< Home