Thursday, December 21, 2006

ho, ho, huh?

Connie and I went down to Grezzo Galleries last night to go through logistics of the scrapbook show and screening on the 5th. Cool place. Hopefully it won't be -freeze your butt off cold - on 01/05/07 because the gallery is smack dab in the middle of Northfield with a nice waterfall, town square and all kinds of Christmas lights in front. Hey scrappers: bring a camera.

Meet Nick and Steve. They co-own the gallery and are wrapping up some of the other artists merchandise in the pictures to go full on wall hanging art and line the place with scrapbook layouts for their first official show. You, yes you will have layouts on this wall with a month's worth of onlookers, college students and passers by viewing your creativity. Steve has been doing framing in Northfield for over four years and has many people drop in for the bread and butter aspects of a gallery, not to mention the St. Olaf and Carlton students out for a night on the town stopping by on their coffee shop runs. This is one of the coolest ways I've seen to get the word out about scrapbooking. Alot of this crowd wouldn't walk into a craft store and wouldn't know what to do with all the raw materials of embellishments and tools but will love dropping in and checking out the finished project on exhibit. I'm thrilled!









Good or bad, guys are entering the scrapbook world and it's not looking familiar. Nick ( to my surprise ) has seen Scrapped a couple times and is going to do some layouts for the show with pictures and thoughts of his dad who passed away last year. Expect some flames, ink and edge... all the things you will want to pass down to you son when he asks asks about grandpa and what you did when you were his age.

6 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, Blogger Christine Smith said...

looks cool! but did you really mean to say that Northfield has a waterfall of lice?

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger mindakms said...

Lice waterfall huh? And I thought Northfield was a classy place!

I LOVE that men are getting into scrapbooking, thanks for your part in that Wesley!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger wes said...

lice... ah, yeah. yeah... it was a metaphor for something I'm not yet ready to come to grips with. That's it.

Good catch! I thought people just looked at the pictures.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger wes said...

So now that I've fixed the spelling nobody's going to know what we're talking about. It'll be our little secret.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger mindakms said...

Tried to email you this, but your new comcast email isn't liking me!

Dear Wes,

Too funny, I just ran into Rebecca at Archivers at MOA so you were on my mind.

And what is up with the justifying your camera or lack thereof.

Buddy, I never gave the camera a second glance or thought!

Or wait, maybe you are hinting that Christine and I should quick pool our money and go buy you a big ole digital slr?

Sorry dude, I just bought my last gift.

So, off to make 2 gazillion gifts that have to be done by tomorrow night and then two days of partying and then on to making "My Art" with my family.

Way to stump the fam by the way..."My Art"....hmm.....

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Wes, looking forward to seeing your movie on Jan 5th in Northfield. I'm gonna bring some layouts to Nick & Steve today probably.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home