Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Cold Country


Rebecca sent me pictures of a trip to Thief River Falls, MN which is almost Canada... but not quite. She stopped by Cold Country Scrapbooks and was pleasantly surprised to see ( ta da! ) a teenage guy that scrapbooks! What are the odds of that?! I think Tim Holtz had an influence here. This is Rebecca wth Harriet Worker, the owner and her son Jim.

You've got to check out his layouts. Very cool Jim. You've inspired me to clean off my scrapbook table and get back to work. It's buried in paper and embellishments right now. That's where Rebecca and I are a 180 degree difference: organization. :0)





This is why I love Minnesota. Everything you need right next door to each other. How cool is that?


Do you have any layouts done by a man in your life? Please email me and I'll post them!

wes

3 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger mindakms said...

This man ISN'T in my life, but he is a fab scrapper from the TC area...I forwarded your blog addy to him.

http://www.mitchellkraft.blogspot.com/

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger wes said...

Thanks Minda! You're a peach.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Tracey Bish said...

WOW Wes, I just want to say something here! I just ordered your movie on DVD and watched it as soon as it arrived! Well, after enjoying it very much...you really got me at the end and I was choaked up! I am impressed with you and getting other men involved in telling their story. So often it falls on the wife and mother. Why can't the MEN get out there and soul search a bit.

My husband doesn't scrapbook, he is an automation engineer and liked watching the Creating Memories segment on your DVD, however he is a supportive husband of my addiction to scrapbooking. His addiction is woodworking so I love the photo of you with your layout holding a WRENCH! It is now my background on my computer!!! Ha (did you ever think you'd be that inspirational!?)

I live in Indiana and have been on a design team at a local scrapbook store www.scrapbookcorner.us and I also have a blog: http://traceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com/ I also teach at my local scrapbook store and recently had a 60+year old man customer who wanted to document his life in photographs. I consulted with him on a couple of occassions to give him ideas and it is truly great to see men getting into this hobby that I love. I believe Digital Photography has something to do with all of this!

I saw your movie ad last summer 06' and checked your website out before your movie was out and then fell back to it remembering it should have come out... so just wanted to say how I really LOVED IT and I will share it with my fellow scrappers here in THE HOOSIER State of Indiana!

You have inspired me to journal more to compliment my artistic layouts! -Best Regards...Tracey B.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home