Thursday, December 07, 2006

image is everything

I had a crazy idea for T Shirts and got a friend of mine named Nick Sinclair to draw them up. He does hotrod artwork so it was a natural fit. I'm looking for some feedback so tell
me if you think these would make some good Scrapped T Shirts and which
one's your favorite.

Tell me what you think by clicking here!

The first one is the closest I could get
to a phrase I use once in a while when trying to convey the coolness,
toughness, urgency and downright ballsy-ness of scrapbooking to people. My big tagline is that Scrapbookers are the gaurdians of their family's history... and I mean it. So Custodis Prosapia Litterae is the closest match I could find in latin. Litterae is more like the accounts of or lessons. I tried words like "dictata" and "progenies"
but they just didn't click with me. I wanted something with guts,
something that looked cool and grabbed you by the throat and had
attitude.



This one I asked Nick to work his magic in something more true to his hotrod form and I asked for a souped up Town and Country Minivan with a woman smokin' tires getting to a day crop. I wanted to take something percieved as uncool, nerdy and mudane as a soccer mom in a minivan and elevate her to hot rod mamma.
Maybe make a T Shirt cool enough for her husband to wear but still
convhttp://beta.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifey some passion in scrapbooking. Like Scrapped itself I was trying to poke fun with scrapbooking, not at it.

7 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger dflygirl said...

Wes...

I recently watched Scrapped with my dad...totally rocked...great message throughout! My dad actually got excited and said "let's scrap"...which was quickly followed by him saying...."But I think I need a tattoo and earrings...first..." Too funny...but I did tell him I was game to go get another tat!

Hope all is going well!!!

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger wes said...

dfly!

Rock On! More power to your dad.

So how's life on the west coast?

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger mindakms said...

Okay, any chance of getting one or both of these designs out there on cafe press asap so I can fill a couple of christmas stockings? I'm pretty sure mama Kate and daughter Erin NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED one of these!!!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger mindakms said...

Come to think of it, Scott NEEEEEDS one too!! The first one is better because it could be worn by gals and guys!!!

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i want the first one!!! the second one doesn't fit my style, but i love the first one!!!!!

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger dflygirl said...

Wes...

Life has been crazy...but good...lots of good pics for upcoming scrappin!

peace

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Both are great, but I have to say my fav is the first one. I could also see a shirt with the first design on the front left pocket area and the second design large size and centered on the back of the shirt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home