Monday, September 18, 2006

DOH!





yes, it's completely my fault.
I approved the proofs of the public release artwork for the new Scrapped DVD's and I know artowrk always looks different on screens than it does printed but I was in a hurry and said, "looks great" and it was shipped off to the printer. When I got it back I saw the photo on the cover was too dark to see what was going on, at least not acceptable for me personally so I had to have more covers printed up. The punchline is that I saw that it was too dark as I was picking up the 5,000 shrink wrapped copies... ( sliding trombone cartoon music here ) jokes on me.

We've started shipping new copies as we get new covers in and should have all 5k fixed by the end of the week. And by fixed I mean shrink wrap torn off, new cover inserted and re-shrink wrapped. The good news is that I was so happy about so many people ordering the DVD right off the bat that I'm personally signing packaging on the first 300 orders. Sorry, we've had many more than 300 orders so far so if you order it now it won't be autographed... but it will still be cool. :0)

On a different note: Connie and I are heading of to NYC early Wed. morning, Fujifilm is bringing us out to New York for some promotional stuff which should be a blast. I'll be doing a meet and greet, giving away some premiere edition DVD's, some posters and signing copies at Pepcom. Here's what the press release says:

DELRAY BEACH, Fla. - (BUSINESS WIRE) - Sept. 8, 2006 - Santa is coming in September again. More than 50 leading companies and hundreds of New York's top press and analysts will get a peek at this season's hottest high-tech products at the annual Holiday Spectacular! media event. Produced by Pepcom Inc., Holiday Spectacular! is an invitation-only media event that takes place Wednesday, Sept. 20th, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m., at the Metropolitan Pavilion in Manhattan.
Media guests will be given live demos of the products showcased. Some of the participating companies include Canon, Fujifilm, JVC, Kodak, Lexmark, Mattel, Nikon, RealNetworks, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, Sprint, Thomson, TiVo, Toshiba, and more than three dozen others.
"The Holiday Spectacular! event has grown into one of our most popular showcases," said Chris O'Malley, a partner at Pepcom. "It provides the press with a one-stop look at a broad array of the latest products for the holiday season that they simply can't get anywhere else."
Holiday Spectacular! will welcome a wide range of journalists and analysts from various media outlets. Some of the press who attended recent Pepcom events include ABC, Bloomberg News, CBS, CNN, CNET, Cosmopolitan, Consumer Reports, eWeek, FHM, Forbes, Fortune, TechTV, Gartner Dataquest, IDC, InfoWorld, Maxim, NBC, New York Times, Newsweek, PC Magazine, PC World, Popular Science, Surge, Reuters, Rolling Stone, Stuff, Time, U.S. News, USA Today, and the Wall Street Journal.
Pepcom's next two events after Holiday Spectacular! are DigitalFocus in New York on October 11th, and Digital Experience! in Las Vegas on January 7th.

I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

We're going to have a couple extra days in Manhattan and will be staying near the villiage so I want to hear about your "must do" places and activities when you're in New York City! Contestants can enter more than once so please post completely and post often.

wes

12 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger Julie said...

You must go to the Magnolia Bakery (401 Bleecker St Cross Street: 11th Street). My husband and I went to NYC a few years ago. I had heard about these killer cupcakes this bakery makes, so I went to check it out. I was pleasantly surprised that these cupcakes lived up to the hype! A must visit!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger wes said...

Thanks! I'm all about the cupcakes.

Can a man have a "muffin top" or is it just flab hanging over your belt when it's masculine?

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger ScrapsofMe said...

So all this re-packaging means my much awaited movie will be even later than late. DRAT. I think my order was number 2. Gosh, it's been soooo long I can't recall.
At least I have the autograph to look forward to as an extra tidbit. sigh. don't wait too long...I'm not getting any younger!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger wes said...

Scraps of me... you poor, poor glass is 1/2 empty soul.

We have shipped orders from the first two days, orders within the first week will go out Thursday. Others will go out early next week. We're WELL within our posted 3-5 week turnaround. I feel you rpain. I wish you had it sooner myself because that means the word gets out faster but this is a start up and we can't do the 24 hour turnaround that Amazon.com can. :0)

Try to hang tough. Fell free to scrap a couple layouts on the drama you're experiencing. It's good for the soul.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Info Goddess said...

Wes you have to go to Rosa Mexicano at Lincoln Center - guacamole made at the table and frozen pomegranate margaritas to die for!

Fern in Kelowna

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger wes said...

Fern,

You'll never guess where Craig from FujiFilm met us for lunch. Turns out Rosa Mexicano is on his favorites list and was a short walk from our hotel. Amazing atmosphere and yes, very good gaucamole. So what were the odds of that happening?!

wes

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Makes me even more thankful for winning promo copies. Of course I lent one to a friend that now won't give it back : )

I do like the new cover but that is A LOT of shrink wrap!

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wes - got my copy and watched it this weekend. Very fun! I really enjoyed watching your scrapbooking journey. My favorite part was your arrival at the all day crop - the crop bag is outrageous!

Nice work!
~Jaymie

 
At 4:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so nice to share these with us.

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think, that you are not right. Let's discuss. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Completely I share your opinion. In it something is also to me this idea is pleasant, I completely with you agree.

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a pity, that now I can not express - I am late for a meeting. But I will return - I will necessarily write that I think on this question.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home