Sunday, September 17, 2006

reconnected




I actually got a call from Dave C. who we interviewed for Scrapped ( "Magic Dave" who scrapbooked his family and magic through the years. ) He wanted to go fishing and, well so did I so we hit the docks with his daughter and had a blast for a few quick hours Saturday morning. I actually caught a 20" Northern on a simple spoon with no leader. I got really lucky because just as I was getting it up pver the railing and onto the dock the lure fell out of it's mouth so I could've easily lost it all the way up while it was fighting. We had difficulties with the camera ( seriously ) so we didn't get a picture of it. Dave said he'd vouch for me. I'm not cool enough to have a boat so it just goes to show you can land large fish from a dock in fresh water. OK, so a 20" Northern Pike isn't really big but after 5 sunnies it felt like a whale. ;0)

It was great to meet him mostly though the video process but them get to know him as a friend. Very good guy. I think that's the best part about this whole documentary thing is that, although I'm juicking things up a little by selectively choosing what get's into the story and filling in the main pieces with scripted dialog, it's basically all true. It's real people saying what they think about real stories and real perspectives in their life. I heard from a woman last week who saw Tracy and Lisa from the movie at a scrap party at Archivers. How cool is that? Some people seemed really shocked to be able to walk up to and get their picture taken with all the "stars" at the premiere. Let me be the first to say every single one of us are about as average as it gets and good or bad, had our normal lives amplified and now visible to ( at the time of this posting ) tens of thousands of people.

Going to New York CIty Wed. for some fun and promotion. More later!

wes

3 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Watched the movie for the 2nd time last night, with some of my friends while we scrapped in the library at a church in Ohio. You so get it...amazing, love the scenes with your folks!

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Oh and theres a big buzz going on at Rocky Moutain Hobbies....www.rockymountainhobbies.com. Celebrity indeed.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger wes said...

Thanks for the post Jodi! Wish I could have been there. I guess in a way I was but the covnersation was pretty one sided. ;0)

wes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home