Friday, September 01, 2006

change the subject...


OK,

Well enough of looking at those grotesque pictures. I can't take it any more so I'll post to say that We've got a store up now and have tested everything. Looks like it's working. It's surprising how much harder it is than you'd think to calculate incrimental discounts for larger DVD orders, then add progressively cheaper shipping rates as order size increases, then diferenciate between shipments locally ( sales tax ), domestically and then to Canada. Whew. Plug that in with client side / server side sockets and gobbldy goop and well, I can't do it without some scratch paper. I'm sure other people are a little sharper on this stuff than I am.

I'll apologize right now for all you Canadians that have ordered a pre-release in the last few days. I've been stalling and waiting for the new system to come online so your extra shipping / customs info can be sorted out.

1 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The new site is looking sharp. Hope you have a chance to relax with your wife or take a nice ride this long weekend. Got a great quote for you from my friend that I shows the movie to, "Finally someone has shown the range of what scrapbooking is and can be. Funny that it was a tatooed biker guy that did it"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home