Monday, August 28, 2006

Scrappers Haven






Connie and I went down for our first scrapbook store event Saturday to Scrappers Haven in Winona, MN. It was a blast. Everybody started out getting their picture taken with me ( that and $3 will buy you a cup of coffee ) then we had a meet and greet, Katrina the owner got up and spoke a little about the premiere on August 5th and how cool it was to have a "Winona Premiere" and then I got up and spoke a little about making the movie, scrapbooking in my experiences, etc. We watched the movie, then used the pictures from the beginning for a make and take, ate food, had some great beverages, signed posters, everybody got DVD's, music, and just got to know each other. It was a blast.

It's extremely interesting to see how the differnt people connected with all the balaogna I was saying in the movie. There were some older people, younger people, High Schoolers, men, women, all kinds and they all got something different out of it. There were certainly a couple guys there that I have to guess have never stepped foot in a scrapbook store. I love that.

wes

2 Comments:

At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hiya wes...

how about printing out other places & dates you are going to for movie showings?

nancy

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto!!!!
I just heard your movie existed 10 minutes ago and now can't wait to see it!!
I'm in Tucson, Arizona - any chance of you being here anytime soon?
:-) Thanks!
Wendy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home