Monday, July 31, 2006

what you make it

It could be the dehydration, the peddling of premiere tickets or the word I got saying a few women were actually renting a limo for premiere night. Whatever it was it birthed a psychedelic image in my overheated brain as I drifted off during Oingo Boingo on it's way to PIL. Somwhere between "dissappointed" and "public image" the words filhty lucre started bouncing off the walls and soaking back into the grey matter. I pictured John Lydon whispering sweet nothings in my ear that involved stacks of tickets and an ever growing gap between plastic money and numbers to back it up in the bank. I finally landed on 1 Timothy 3 and found a safe place in laughing at what a cartoon character I could become and aspiring to influence the hearts of mankind.

The whole thing digested, my brain belched out the spent byproduct of the subconcious fuel and rational digestion. Out came this image.

6 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger wes said...

Whew, well that was last night. Didn't get to sleep until past 4:00AM when everything got a little odd. How's them apples? Obscure references... oh yes.

The first person to figure them out and post a reply here gets a limited edition, autographed premiere DVD of Scrapped.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Not sure if I caught all of the references but here goes:

Oingo Boingo-new wave rock band
PIL-Public Image Ltd. and I am guessing you are talking about the Riot Show in 81 that I am thankful I was too young to go to : )

Your mention of filthy lucre and 1 Timothy 3 find a common link in the YLT 1Tim3:3- not given to wine, not a striker, not given to filthy lucre, but gentle, not contentious, not a lover of money,

John Lydon was front man for Sex Pistol and I person I gather from http://www.johnlydon.com/jlbio.html that has influenced your musical tastes and humor : )

I think that is most of the references in this post. 1 Timothy is a good place to land and is good advise for everyone. I know my husband and I have been finding help from chapter 3 this summer as we wait for my scrapbooking business to bring in money until my teaching paychecks start.

I wish I could buy a ticket and fly over from CA but like to have money for food and rent a little more : )

Here's praying that the gap between plastic and bank gets smaller for both our families and all those that are supporting you in this project.

keep laughing and looking in the right book for encouragement :)

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger wes said...

WE HAVE A WINNER!

Wow, that was a fast turn around Melissa! If you email me with an address I'll send you out your stuff!

You'll be here in spirit and I know we'll connect sometime in the near future.

Thanks for playing along.

wes

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

yea : )
thanks a bunch

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger liannallama said...

Ah--haven't seen the video yet--I just ordered it from Christine, but I see you're a man after my own heart! Oingo Boingo, the studded Ramones bag, and you do scrapbooking! And I love your sarcastic personality, too! Thanks for the entertainment!
:)

 
At 3:43 AM, Anonymous Baccarat Probability said...

Many thanks for the help in this question, now I will know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home