Thursday, July 13, 2006

Concepts become tangible

WhooHooo!

I'm sending movie posters off to get printed tomorrow! We're going to have limited edition posters and DVD's made just for premiere week. I say premiere week because Creative Memories wants to show a three minute trailer from main stage at their Showcase event August 3rd, my premiere is August 5th and then I'll be at the second Showcase on August 7th. I'm pressing about 10,000 DVD's in the premiere edition and there's a good chance they might all sell out that week. ( Of course there's a good chance I'm delusional as well. ) Creative Memories has given us booth space in the Mpls. Convention Center and we'll have myself, Tracy Palmer, Rebecca, Bryan, Nate and possibly my wife Connie there who were all in the movie to sign autographs, meet and greet, do pictures, etc. I'm also trying to get my bike, bag and some other items in the booth so people can take their pictures with all the props.

After premiere week I'll have some different layouts made ( probably based on the same themes because they're kind of fun ) for posters and packaging for public release of the movie September 5th. I can't wait to get the production end of things wrapped up and actually go out with this thing and SHOW IT to people! That's the part that's most enjoyable for me.

Here's what the premiere versions of the posters will look like. I can't wait to have five thousand of these things dropped on my doorstep in big, fat, nasty 24" x 36" full color goodness. If you're attending the premiere, you'll get one stuffed in your goody bag along with plenty of other free products and a DVD! I'll have some available at the CM Showcase as well, but just for premiere week. :0)

Just like with any of the graphics in the blog, you can click on them to see a larger version.

Thanks for reading!

5 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OK I am not stocking : ) I am here writing my July newsletter and I wanted to include info about your movie. Can I post the movie poster on my site as a link graphic?

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger wes said...

Heavens yes! Please feel free to use whatever you'd like however youd like!

Thanks for helping get the word out!

wes

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger kristina contes said...

Woot! That poster is hotness. So excited for you...and pissed for myself cause I won't be at the premiere!!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger mindakms said...

Yep, tears. I know I've had very little to do with this, but I'm in tears over it anyway. You must be so proud! Here you go!....

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger wes said...

I'm so stinkin happy to hear form you guys!

I feel like we're buddies now. How weird is that?! I'm pal's with other groovers in the scrapbook community. Hmm. odd moment. I've just caught myself being giddy because my scrapp-a-licious friends are checking in. I guess the tranformation is complete. I'm an official and complete pussy...

AND LOVIN' IT!

Thanks friends!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home