Monday, July 10, 2006

You never forget your first.




I'm putting out a call for 12 x 12 layouts from scrappers asking for pages with the theme "My First Page." The movie premiere on August 5th has the same theme hoping that complete strangers to scrapbooking will watch the movie and try it so I've gotten lots of great sponsors to load up some gift bags with everything someone needs to do their first page, cutting tools, paper, pens, tape runner, etc. all archival / photo safe and all from major manufacturers.

To get people's creative juices flowing I'm asking for anyone who has interest to send in either a copy of the first page they've done or a layout talking about what it was like to do it. We're going to display these at the premiere and then I am going to put all the submission in albums and bring them around with me to conferences, film festivals, wherever I'm showing the movie.

We've got some heavy hitters from several big manufacturers attending and I've given Memory Makers magazine exclusive coverage of the event so if you can't be there in the flesh, be there in spirit and encourage others to take the plunge! We've already received dozens of amazing pages but are dying for more! Wouldn't it be great to have a table at a theater lined with a dozen albums, each page being someone's first experience trying it. How could someone NOT give it a whirl with that kind of encouragement?!

Here's the rub, I need them in the mail by Saturday July 15th so we can prep them for the event! If you'd still like to give it a whack and send in your layout you can send it to:

Lorna Klefsaas
35585 Aztec Road
Motley, MN 56466

Here's the only requirements: 12 x 12 page, themed and titled "My first page" and remember it won't be returned because your layout is going to hit the road!

Thanks!

5 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Two questions so I can make sure I send the right stuff.
1. Do you want only one 12 by 12 page or are double page payouts like you did ok?
2. Do you only want first paper layouts or are our first digital layouts ok to print and send as well?

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger wes said...

Hi Melissa,

Feel free to send in a double page ( two sided ) layout if you'd like. That would be great! One 12 x 12 is fine if you're busy.

Feel free to send in your first digi page, paper page, whatever you'd like!

Thanks a ton.

wes

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger wes said...

PS. Bless your heart for setting up a whole blogger account so you can post a reply to me!

That's above and beyond the call of duty!

I was going to send you an email to respond so you wouldn't have to come back and read the reply's. If you want to contact me directly for anything feel free to use wes@scrappedmovie.com

:0)

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Anita said...

Goodness, I'd heard about your project several months ago through the grapevine, and I just loved the promos then, but I just discovered your blog and realized that I just missed seeing you twice in one week--I was at GASC Arlington, and Lonestar Scrapbook is the scrapbook store that I frequent! Small world! Good luck with the premiere of your documentary--I will get to work on a layout for your book!

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger wes said...

Thanks Anita!

We'll connect sometime soon! Thanks for sending in a layout!

wes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home