Thursday, November 01, 2007

trailer

The trailer for the movie I helped my friends out with is finally up!

http://www.coldplaythemovie.com/trailer.html

You can also see production stills here.

I made it into about a half dozen of them. I was officially the data acquisitions guy ( the new version of the person in charge of loading, sorting and protecting with their life the big reels of film on a movie shoot ) for all the HD footage, we used my camera, drives and computer, I was also the 1rst AC, headed up the camera dept. stuff like dolly's, jibs, etc. and was clacker boy quite a bit so I'm in alot of shots next to actors and actresses shoving the slate in their face.



Here's a shot of me picking some kind of fuzz or something off Carlo Rota's jacket. Pretty glamorous huh? Another highlight would be getting smooched on the cheek ( twice! ) by Vanessa Branch who's worked in a bunch of movies but you may know her best as the Orbit gum girl ( fabulous! ) was able to work with Carlo Rota like I mentioned whose been on the TV show 24 quite a bit, Ignacio Serrichio, and D.David Morin my friend who I mention off and on that I stay with in Santa Monica. He co wrote and co directed the movie and it was therapeutic to stay with him while we were shooting Cold Play because it gave us both a chance to unwind from the day, deconstruct what was happening, yell and laugh about the drama on set and things blowing up, etc. I've learned a ton from him.

Scrapped was great because it brought me from armchair critic to bush leagues, pretty much gaining me entry into the next level of play where you start all over again being a small fish in a big pond. It's a never ending process if you're trying to grow and learn. I'm enjoying the journey.

3 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Pretty impressive! And to think I knew you when you were a little person (not literally, you know what I mean...) I would like to see your scrapbook from this experience.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Emily Adams said...

wes - i've been following all the neat stuff you've been doing. sorry to wait til a tagging to say hello, but i'm glad you're still scrapping :)

you've been tagged! that means you have some questions to answer - so go to my blog for your instructions. i hope you play!

www.emilyhadams.blogspot.com

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger wes said...

Emily, You're a busy woman designing, doing classes, working your keister off... I'm glad you're saying hi anytime!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home