Monday, October 22, 2007

Creative You!



I got a request from my friend Minda at Tallyscrapper.com to come up with a scrapbooking layout for a series of challenges they're doing. I was thrilled! My tubs and tubs of scrapbook stuff are in storage so I decided to camp out somewhere that I could borrow tools and a clear workspace. I ended up at a scrapbook store by my house I've been wanting to check out called Creative You in Maple Grove.



Michael the co-owner found me all kinds of alternative styled embellishments and paper and I ( like everybody else ) ended up going in to do a single layout and walking out with paper, pens, etc. I fell in love with this Jeneva and Company paper from apparently four or more years ago and lots of options for out of print abstract paint and textured embellishments that aren't the current hot trend you'd find at Target or Michael's craft. I guess that's one of the reasons priavte shops are so cool. Everybody is buying the same thing at a chain store but indie shops have the crazy stuff nobody else has. Be unique.



I won't post my layout until it's been released at Tallyscrapper! Sorry.

Here's Michael in his element: beads. He had some humorus and enlightening comments on the difference between beaders and scrappers, we talked about the different factions in the crafting community and it was an all around fun time to hang out with another guy in a scrapbook store. :0)

7 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger ScrapsofMe said...

omg! i have some Jeneva papers lurking in my too cool to use just now stash!

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger dflygirl said...

Wes - I take it back...a scrap and bead store in one...the chances just hugely improved on a trip to MN, now if it had stamps, and a barista - I might have to consider relocating...lol!

Can't wait to see your page!!!

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wes and folks, We at Creative You are eager to meet new crafters and artists. Our main focus may be papercraft, but we keep expanding based on customer requests.
Hey dflygirl, We do have a wide variety of stamps, including some rubber stamps and many new acrylic style stamps. AND, next door to our store is Mountain Mudd Coffee Cafe, a family owned shop. COME MUNCH & SCRAP & LAUGH ALOT!!!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wes- you may have to host a Scrapped winter party : ) Sounds like an awesome place I will have to go to if I ever find myself in MN.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

OK I need the addy to the store. Having only recently moved to this area (yes 2 years ago this Dec is still recent) I am always on the lookout for the independantly owned shops and the grove is just not far...I mean I go there for the Archiver's anyway might as well check out the other stores too :)

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am an addicted Creative You customer. If you want customer service, you need to go there. Michael and Suz are always there to help you out. If they don't have it in their store, they will find it for you. Come here to support the local business person and not the big chains that don't appreciate your money.
They are located right off of 169 and 63rd Ave in a small office type building. They have the best sticker deals in town, only .50 a sheet for the same stuff you get at Archivers.
Michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home