Thursday, April 19, 2007

life in a box


After twelve years of marriage to a coffee addict I've turned over to the dark side myself. The drug of choice is being administered through Panera's hazelnut bottomless cup. I've passed on drinking coffee every morning while the pot is sitting right there until I've started meetings with my friend Dave on this crazy China project.

He lives about four blocks from the cafe with free wifi and coffee in a real mug ( not paper cup ) with as much go-juice as your little legs will carry you to for a dollar fifty ( and no tip jar... sorry )

Speaking of Dave, I got a call from him a while ago asking where he could go and what he and his wife should buy to start organizing his family's life history. I guess they took Scrapped to heart and are now motivated. Men do scrapbook and often without the frills. He's looking for a slip in book so he can get stuff together but have the option to pull pictures out and copy them for their four kids. At first I suggested photo corners so you can pull them out but faced with this giant mass of images they're looking for something with a slide in, quick and dirty, stories and pictures with names and dates solution.


I thought about Creative Memories Pictfolio - Milestone's album ( which I still get a kick out of wondering if anyone at headquaters was a Miles Davis fan and named it after his 1958 album... "Milestones Album" I'm guessing not ) I like the feel and quality of the beast but when I went to the website I forgot they were $40. Yikes. I suppose you get what you pay for but what if you don't want to get that much? :0) It's also only got 32 pages ( 16 sheets ) so I'm wondering if anyone has any input on alternative products that might be a little more affordable for someone tackling a thousand pictures or more.

4 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have 12 x 12 albums for $5 right now but for what youare talking about I think good ol Pioneer albums are the way to go. Most Longs Drug Stores carry them. The best one is the 3 ring BTA-204 Here is a link, http://www.archivalusa.com/k-bta-204.html

For a more scrapbook type book check out Target. They have a ton of cut 2 up and 3 up photo albums. Here is one of my fav http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-10/qid=1177012902/ref=sr_1_10/601-5684406-1919356?ie=UTF8&asin=B0009ORWCG

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger mindakms said...

Target carries just regular old photo albums that hold 4 or 6 photos per page, and he could insert 4 x6 sized cards at appropriate spots to add in his notes about who, what, where and when. I sometimes find them on clearance. I get mine for about $8 a piece if I'm careful.

Just to hold 'em until he gets a passion to do "the real deal" though, of course!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger ScrapsofMe said...

Scrapworks makes a very nice 12x12 album and an 8x12 album for this type of 'slip it in the slot' method. It's currently called Anthologie..but was previously know as Baybox and before that ScrapSmart. I Remember When has paper kits, journaling blocks and embellishment kits all done up to make assembly easy.

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger wes said...

Thanks for the heads up ladies! Lots of options. Dave will be very happy. ( or overwhelmed )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home