Tuesday, March 20, 2007

link me



So what am I doing here with a piece of green board ( printed circuit board ) and a tabletop lighter? Well, pictures can lie and I'm actually happy in this one. I'm happy because I've got some 273 emails to return from being gone over the weekend ( not including junk mail ) DVD's to send out and meetings to be had, speach to write for Thursday afternoon, sermon to write for Thursday morning and all forms of work related duties. I need to set this aside because I desperitely need to clean up / out my office area so we can put our house on the market in the next week or two. This isn't really interesting to anyone but me and my patient wife. The trick is that I started my cleaning with some podcasts like Joel O., KRCW's Martini shot, This American Life and PRI's The World: Technology. The ones I like the best are the personal stories of Hollywood screen writer Rob Long where he talks about his work and life. It hit me that what he's saying isn't news either... that's the point. I'm interested in his personal take on stuff. I reminded me that when I've been busy my blog has been ( sigh ) boring. This post isn't insightful into the world of scrapbooking, doesn't break industry news or bring you on location to the crop party bomb that erupted in Alabama last week. It's just me packing up computer parts and using an errand table lighter I grabbed to add some fill light for the picture. They're out because I'm a little sad about giving away many of my belongings to downsize and make life easier. It's a good thing.

That said, I'm still eager to post more pics and info on the Scrap Etc. event tonight / tomorrow, post a link to my friend Tony's google map spot in the bush of Queensland, Australia and show you pictures of some of the lofts Connie and I have been looking at to call our new home. I want advice and opinions. ;0)

I actually was making this post to say that links make the online world go around and I'm trying to boost my technorati ratings so it's a free for all now. Send me the address to your blog and I'll post it, hoping you'll do the same.

Rock On!

wes

17 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your already linked at
http://www.sabrinaintn.typepad.com/

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Michelle Sanders said...

Hi Wes! So fun to meet ya...link me up! http://funkyfreshcool.blogspot.com
OH and send me that pic of us in the bar...PPPAAALLLEASE?! LOL!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

lol - I thought you were angry with a little milkmustard - good you told me that it was not the case ;-)

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger stephanie howell said...

link me up biatch
and i shall link you
http://stephaniehowell.blogspot.com

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger ScrapScene said...

Hi Wes, You're already linked on my site. Would love it if you'd link back: http://www.scrapscene.com
Thanks! Angie

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger wes said...

Oh my goodness Angie, you're right! You've gotten the shaft! You're fixed up now and can expect to receive another 2-3 hits a month. ;0)

Thanks for your info ladies!

wes

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Emily Adams said...

I linked you when I met you back at Memory Trends - but I'd love it if you could link me back!

www.emilyhadams.blogspot.com
did I miss something? Where are you moving to?

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger D Scott said...

Hey Wes, what great timing I have! I just added a post to my new blog that mentions you! Thanks again for the inspiration! Scott http://andrewspapa.blogspot.com/

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger mindakms said...

http://andrewspapa.blogspot.com/

A man who scrapbooks and writes, most recently inspired by you!

I'm sure you met Kellicrowe at the throw down last weekend, she's my other fav blog

http://kellicrowe.typepad.com/kellicrowe/

Good to see you back, good luck with the home selling.

A loft seems much more fitting to your lifestyle and personalities. I mean really, the 'burbs and the cow in the neighbors yard? Come on!

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger mindakms said...

wait! you finally got to meet Kristina Contes in person? How fun that must have been! Kellicrowe and Kristina Contes in one weekend. Man you must be T-I-R-E-D and happy! Crazy ladies!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger wes said...

DOH! Sorry I dropped the ball on linking to so many people!

and yes, I did get to meet Kelli Crowe. She's a hoot! She was prancing around in several different outfits as she hosted the rave. I also met Kristina and took her class. It was her first ever and she just killed. Very personable, very helpful, very creative.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hope you won't forget about little ol me : ) scrapbunny.blogspot.com

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger CyndiAKADisneyqueen said...

Wes it really was a pleasure. Did I hear you say a sermon? How did I miss that info? Link me up.

http://treasured-creations.blogspot.com/index.html

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Hi Wes,

I have you linked on my blog already.
http://dolphindesigns.blogspot.com/

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger wes said...

Hey Disney Scrapper. I guess "Sermon" would be in the simplest sense. I was asked to speak at William Penn University because they were showing a previous project I did that evening. I was going to speak in Chapel and then in a classroom.

The gist of my lesson was going to be about Galations 5:22-23. It's pretty easy to fall into a trap of rules and regulations, at least for me. I try to gauge my worthiness be being good or bad which is a loosing battle. What I've grown into in the last couple years is fruit in my life. I ended up getting "love joy peace patience kindness goodness faithfulness gentleness self control" put on my body right where I can see it because that's what I aspire to be if God's alive in my life.

I used to be a liscened minister, even performed a marriage ceremony, administered the sacredotal elements, etc. and have since laid it all down.

 
At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Wes - you are already linked and have been for some time. your blogs always good for a laugh. in the best possible way of course... :)

www.shopgirl.typepad.com

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I had had a link to your blog on mine since before you came to NZ, so here's mine: http://engel4nz.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home