Wednesday, March 21, 2007

part deux

Here's the pics from the rest of my Scrap Etc. experience. It was lots of fun, everyone treated me like a king. People opened up, were real and I didn't meet anyone with any diva attitudes. Wonderfdul! I accidentally dumped a couple pics so you're going to get a fragmented perspective.

First: Stacy Julian, finally got to talk with her, not just a quick snapshot in passing. I love that she and Paula are getting behind the conceptual value of scrapbooking. I undertand and am in the same boat.




Second: The mall. Saved my life. I had trouble sleeping thinking about work stuff and having a mall attached to the hotel gave me a place with trees and green to hide at 2:00 in the morning when being in another hotel room in a strange city with nowhere to go surrounded by strangers was not as fun as it used to be.





Third: The hummer with the pink flowers. Decadent, bold, beautiful. Enough said.



Fourth: The flight: Being in an airport concourse with a handful of gates and a departues sign that has 4 flights for the day then goes right on to tomorrow was different. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED that there was only one person in front of me in the security line. I loved that I walked out on the tarmak to get on the plane and loved the nice people! It just caught me off gaurd compared to JFK, LAX, Schiphol and BCIA.






Five: Kristina Contes' class: Fun, fun , fun. I finally got to meet her in person after seeing her face on the screen dozens and dozens of times and spending hours editing everything she said. I had the typical syndrome of meeting someone through a TV show, radio or magazine and feeling like you know them because you've logged in all this time but they haven't done the same with you so it's an imbalance. She was very cordial as well as everyone on the table that lent me their tools, time and techniques. Scrapbookers are consistently the nicest people I've met.


6 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

Awesome!!! I'm jalous ;-) Looks like you had an awesome time!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger stephanie howell said...

love it.
you know what's weird?
now that i've met you and seen your movie.. whenever i read one of your blog posts i hear you reading it in your voice.
so so odd.

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that I have met you because your blog posts mean more to me now. Not just a random blog that I read. A face with the blog post.

I love that Hummer with the pink. Sweet!

Women at scrap events are the nicest and most fun people I know. I went to a CKU once in Kansas City and it was just nuts. Seriously nuts. My sister and I are generally crazy people when it comes to those events but these ladies stole our thunder. So energetic and lively. I couldn't keep up. They were super nice too. They were generous and kind. :) I envy you that you get to experience that.

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger wes said...

Hi Jennifer and Nat,

Thanks for your jealousy. It is well deserved. :0) Sometimes I forget how good I've got it to be able to attend all this scrapbooking stuff. There's certainly alot of love floating around at these things. CHA, etc. is business by nature but other events are centered around kicking back and letting it all hang out. Plus, you've got all that motherly love of hundreds of women with no kids around to lavish it on... people seem to take care of each other with very little "go to your rooms" or "time outs."

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger mindakms said...

Wes, the photo of the plane on the tarmac? Brilliant! It really spoke to me, I loved the sun position, the angle you tilted to, the lowkey nature of the photo. Stunning!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger wes said...

HI Minda. Well I guess you get lucky once in a while. :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home