Monday, February 04, 2008

Location, Location, Location



I love our new neighborhood. I'm five minutes to downtown ( it's a quick couple blocks to get on the freeway ) but can eat breakfast on my dining room table, look out the windows to the woods next to our yard and make eye contact with a deer happily freezing it's hind quarters off.



I turned the lights off which caught it's attention, kind of a "deer out of the head lights" thing. I watched it, it watched me. Then my brain caught up with my sense of childlike wonder and I ran downstairs for a camera. I remembered to turn the flash off but the light that bursts to pull focus and exposure surprised my neighbor who quickly left. I set the camera down and two more flew by the window - obviously late to bed. They must work nights because I see them out at all hours of the evening but never during the day. I'd have a word with them if they were having ruckus parties but they are a quiet bunch, keeping to themselves so I leave them alone.

2 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger D@nielle said...

now that is a nice view !

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Dee G said...

Wowsers, Wester--we gotta see this house some day. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home