Sunday, January 06, 2008

36 degree roast

What a wonderful day! I've been whining to Connie all week about wanting to get the bike out and go for a ride. Today Minneapolis broke the snow barrier and my neighborhood got up to 36 degrees Fahrenheit( about 2 degrees Celsius ), enough to melt snow and feel like summer.

I took advantage of my new neighborhood and drove around "the lakes" here in the Twin Cities. It took me 4 minutes from driveway to Lake Calhoun and freedom. People walking their dogs, ice fishing, running, hanging out. I don't know how just being on two wheels can be so therapeutic but it was amazing.


Although I still get itchy palms when I see custom chopped bikes on eBay and a little chill checking out sport bikes with friends I've comfortably accepted my Electralide, the grandpa bike of the Harley Davidson world as my daily driver. Having a radio, fairing and bags to stow things make driving in January not only possible, but comfortable.

4 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful area! We are going to be in the 50's today so I can't even try to wrap my head around 36 degrees feeling like summer :)

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lake Calhoun has two things I love. First an awesome movie theatre, like using the old theatre and putting in a screen. Pretty sweet. I went and saw Atonement there. It's called Uptown. Pretty friggin' sweet.

The second is a Whole Foods Store. They fresh produce and tons of variety. Love that place.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Sissykidd said...

living in north Cali 40 is my lowest.

I cant do snow. but it sure is pretty i spent the weekend in reno enjoying it but glade to be home.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger EquineSpirit said...

Too bad these temps aren't staying! :( I'd be more than happy to see spring! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home