Monday, February 25, 2008

Reminiscing

Turns out I've got 1/2 a dozen friends within a year or two that all have birthday's in February. My little joke is that the summer of 1967 really was a summer of love...

Terry Steinmeyer's been a close friend of mine for about fifteen years. We've been in a few bands together, made a few CD's together and played some bars together. Somehow music was a big part of my life and it slipped away so one of the motivations for building a studio with sound booth and mic jacks all over was to get together with lots of old friends and play music.


My studio wasn't ready, I ended up not wanting a party ( despite Connies repeated pestering on who to invite ) and Terry admittedly stole my idea to have a bunch of people over and jam the night away. ;0)


It was a good group of people I haven't seen forever, many still active in bands. I felt old, young, happy and a little melancholy.



There were too many people crammed in Terry's house to get pictures of everythign and everyone. I'll post some from the downstairs area where everyone was taking turns grabbing a guitar and playing.


Some of the bands represented were Here Lies Franklin ( The Kneprath Brothers who help mastermind the Sonshine Music Festival ), Pegtop ( Dave Peightal ), Matt Patrick ( Sarah Groves, Put Down the Muffin ), The Hot Rockin' Rick Moe RLS band! ( Scott you poor sucker ), Dave Harland, Paul Whichterman ( sorry Chacho, can't remember all the bands you've been in ), Joel Hanson ( Pray for Rain and Worship "Man About Town" and lots of other people who will get PO'd because I didn't mention them if they acutally read my blog. Heck, even Dave Johnson from Open Door showed up...


I think a good time was had by all. If not, well... they aren't telling.

Thanks T.

4 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like a lot of fun was had. Hope you get to have a group jamming at your studio soon :)

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Wichterman said...

It was good times! I can't remember all the bands I've been in either... Too many short runs and side projects to keep them all strait. I CAN remember who I've played with for the most part and that's good enough for me. There's a lot of "hey what was the name of the thing we did with you, me, so-and-so, and so-and-so" when I run into people. It's all a fuzzy melodic blur of good times.

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Wichterman said...

July Superior trip sounds cool. I'll have to check with the family calendar. Lemme know when you have the "official" dates and info.
Thanks! -CHACHO
chacho@blacksheephdfc.org

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Minda said...

Wait, you know Dave Johnson too? How is the old fogey? Are his headaches still an issue? Man, those were the days, when I was in religion recovery at Open Door.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home